View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHSAM View Post
I really don't understand people that complain about a car continuously ... I do understand that the M5 depreciates quickly but on the other hand you have a car that everyone respects whether on track or street ... Bottom Line Is ... You should have gotten rid of your M5 ages ago rather than complaining about the car ... I always read the posts here and you complain the most ... If you hate the car so much just get rid of it and end your misery
You don't understand the topic in the first place. I have had several ///Ms for years, love them, drive them to their potential and will continue to do so. Try comprehending and understanding before rushing to irrelevant "bottom lines". The topic is about:

1) Do you think the new headlights will be compatible with 2011-2013 M5 models?
2) M5's resale value is low, unfairly low and that - is a fact. That's why so many of us keep the car with us for 10+ years refusing to sell it to the vulturous dealerships and misguided people who don't know the true value of an M5. In the end, it hurts our purchases and pockets - the more expensive M5 is in different countries, the more value it loses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Singularity - I didn't mean to offend you - so sorry if i did.

However my point on pricing is very correct. I know because I've sold BMWs after one year before.

One difference in European pricing versus US MSRP is that our MSRP does not include sales tax. This may partially explain the difference. However having lived in the UK and bought one year old used BMWs before, I usually paid 80-83% of MSRP in the UK.
The problem is taxes in East Europe and Asia because in many countries M5 price is increased artificially because of a customs tax. Let's say M5 costs $375,000 in Turkey. Someone buys it and drives it for a year, after one year he tries to sell it for $320,000 - he gets no offers or insultingly low offers and that's mainly because someone who can find $320,000 can also find $375,000 and buy a new car with a warranty, being sure it hasn't had accidents or simply because he wants to drive a 'New Car'. As a result the owner who bought it for $375,000 either keeps the car or gets taken advantage of and sells it for $150,000 - $180,000 depending on how much one has to sell. Anyway let's drop the topic about devaluation, it's a fact to bear that nobody except us will value our cars and knowing that generally (except some rare enthusiasts) many people have no idea what ///M is about will offer low money because "that's not a Bentley! it's just a fast 5 series come on"

Last edited by singularity; 02-26-2013 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0