01-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
Of course I did, and both those drivers have abilities far beyond most of us. They were probably pushing the cars to their limit, unlike the average driver would be able to do. I'm not arguing that the M6 is not a better track car, I'm saying the average driver will not be able to turn a significantly faster lap in the M6 over the M5.

Of course BMW says the M6 provides a better experience, they have to justify the huge price increase somehow.
yes those drivers are likely better than most of the rest of us. do you think there going to publish a video of two bone heads racing on a track?

and no, there wouldnt be a "significant" difference in track time. but id bet that if you took the same "average" driver and allowed them to complete the same exact lap in the m5 and m6, they would do better in the m6, how much better? neither of us know that for sure.

and BMW "saying" the m6 provides a better experience wouldnt alone make people buy the m6 over the m5, if it didnt hold to be true in real life.

if BMW "said" the M6 was a better driving experience than a ferrari 458 Italia, do you think everyone woud buy it over the ferrari? i dont think so.
Appreciate 0