United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
My M6 did 10.7 @ 129mph with just jb4 meth and bolt ons

On my M5 with custom tune and BCM pushing boost at 28lbs boost the car is a lot faster then my M6 was then, the issue now is traction and I don't think anyone will get close to a low 10 second pass. It will be hard to find a happy medium to get a perfect launch to show its true potential. The best place for our cars with these power figures are highway races or Vbox but even a Vbox doesn't prove who is stringer then the other unless the runs are done on the same road in order to be comparable. Some even find a road with a negative slope to get the best numbers they can. Either way it's just the beginning so with time you'll start to see more and more M's in the 750-800whp figures.

As for turbo upgrades I feel the best option is to wait for larger internals then just going the hybrid solutions. Once again that's my opinion some may disagree.

As for my M5 My issue is clutches, at least for dynoing the car. Once I upgrade the clutches will see what the Dyno will show. But I can say the car is a lot faster with the BCM pushing boost.

My customer in NJ has upgraded his clutches so we see what tuned and BCM will show here in the states. My guess 750-780 whp and as long as he's using 20" wheels. 21's have proven to show 20-30whp less in the Dyno

Anyway great job Doc keep us in the loop
Totally agree people start slapping 3076R,35R,37 sized turbos on these cars or something its not if you might hit a breaking point its when.

My recommendation if you're having clutch issues call the master. John Shep is doing DCT BMW trans [m4 record] My shep trans stage 4 has been out of this world.
I have a Dodson Stage 2 Clutch pack that was done by Shep on my F10 M5. It is truly amazing how well it holds the torque.
Appreciate 1