View Single Post
      05-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #31
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

I personally really dislike the idea of fake engine noise in the cabin. Sports cars are supposed to be loud and noisy... it's just part of the fun. If you want a quiet sedan for business or the family, fine... but when people buy M cars, they're looking for something with a bit more bite. Pumping fake (prerecorded sounds for the M5) into the cabin, just really ruins it for me.

It really makes me wonder if BMW is just trying to coax people and prepare them for electric vehicles that are silent outside but sound like good old-fashion N/A big-block engines via some fake stereo sounds inside! How lame. Maybe we can then switch some iDrive buttons to dial-in the sound of a Ferrari engine instead?

If the cabin is well insulated, so be it. Maybe people like some silence in an M5 now and again... they always have the option of rolling down the window to hear the exhaust more clearly. Seems more authentic and has integrity over fake stereo sounds like your car is a video game.
Appreciate 0