View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
OK, I guess you can infer that I thought there might be a power boost, since I dont yet have an M5 and was a bit vague.

My guess (because that's really all anyone can do at this point, for the M5) is that we will see the cosmetic upgrades that the 5 series LCI gets.. this is from a factory production standpoint; way to easy to incorporate.

Seat bolsters are a big hope, but as stealth has previsously pointed out, no guarantees. I think that since they are in euro-spec M5s and even the new sport 3-series have them, they should be offered in all 5 series sport packages, to include the M5, starting with MY14.

Power increase? I don't see it happening, either. The only way we would see any change is if, for ease of production reasons, they wanted commonality of engine across M5, M6, and M6GC for MY14.

And finally yes, I do think people will pay some will pay $30k for a GC over a M5, even if the M5 ends up being more powerful -- I am just not one of them; I think the GC looks like someone sat on top of a 5-series and squished it.
Whoa guys whoa! Where's the wingman consideration? Where's the checkin your wingman's six? As two pilots that fly the stealth fighter and the B-1 Bomber, you should be requesting a flyby on the tower together. As a fellow Naval Aviator myself, we always say "you can be my wingman anytime; bullshit, you can be mine." LOL! Just playing guys!

I just think it's comical that two pilots are dogfighting here on the forums. The way I see it, it goes something like this:

F10 M5 Sedan = B1 Bomber (Supersonic Bomber with Nuclear Strike Capability)
F12 M6 Coupe = F-117 Stealth Fighter (Can get in out of the Battlespace without being detected)
F06 M6 Gran Coupe = B-2 Stealth Bomber (Best of both worlds but with great Stealth Capability).

Appreciate 0