View Single Post
      08-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #24
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

18" wheel for the F10 M5 may not be appropriate as my dealer here in Toronto had called both BMW Canada and BMW Germany to find out what's the proper wheel for winter. They both came back with 19". 18" wheel (even with any BMW stock) will not clear the front brake caliper. I already have a set of Style 281 (used currently on my F10 550) and thinking I can save some $ and use it on the M5, the idea was quickly dismissed by the confirmation.

At the end, a really good set of winter tire is the key to the M5's winter drivability. Good ones such as Bridgestone LM60 and Michelin PA4 are what I am considering to get this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathray View Post
Ive driven my E60 in the winter since I got it and I love it. Fresh powder days are always so much fun becuase there arent nearly as many people on the roads so there is that much more drift space.

Ive been using 245/45/18 Michelin PA3's all square on my E60 and I want to figure the winters for the F10 so as not to find myself in trouble (after a mild winter last year Im predicting a snowy september/october for us this year).

Most people have been suggesting 255/40/19 and that is what I am leaning towards, but, I remember hearing some horror stories from people using 19 inch winters on their E60 M5's. Will an 18 inch wheel fit over the breaks on the F10? 245/45/18 are within about 2.5% percent of the stock diameter; is that close enough?
Appreciate 0