View Single Post
      04-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #37
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
I'll elaborate on this a bit... At my dealer, I am well known for the fact that I do my own maintenance, how particular (but friendly-I try) I am. (I feel quite sure that they laugh at the fact that I do my own, while having PMs covered for the first 50K miles.). Folks, no offense, but the demographic of BMW owners is not a demographic of "do it yourself" maintenance people. I would offer, not as an insult, but as an observed fact; this demographic doesn't know how, nor have the tools to do it. Forget about the "I don't have time" BS... I run a billion dollar business for a major Fortune 200 company, but somehow do it... The owners of BMWs are largely city dwellers who enjoy (rightly so) the convenience of having the dealer take care of stuff. If it breaks-dealer, maintenance, dealer... I saw a guy come in the other day while I happened to be there who wanted his tire pressure checked... I almost asked him to relinquish his "man card", but refrained... Feel free to flame the resident Redneck on the board...

i'm with you. my father owns a body shop and im fortunate enough to know how to use a ratchet. i love working on my own stuff.(oil, brakes etc.) but if shit breaks, i will take it to the dealer. lol
Appreciate 0