10-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
Racer Louis
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I dropped off my M5 on 9/23. Since then 3 boats have left or are leaving without my car:

Don Juan 9/25 (I didn't expect to be on this one)
Integrity 10/1 (I expected to be on this)
Queen Sapphire 10/3
Porgy 10/10. (They scheduled my car for this)

So it will have been sitting in Germany for 2.5 weeks before shipping. This is ridiculous. I won't have the car till mid November losing about 2 weeks of usage.

What should I do?
Let me see if I understand, you signed a contract to purchase a 2013 M5 under BMW's European Delivery plan. Included in the ED plan is the statement:

"All cars depart from Bremerhaven, Germany. It will take approximately 6-8 weeks to the East coast and 8-10 weeks to the West Coast from drop off date for a car to arrive at your BMW center for final delivery."

Based upon the information you've provided it apppears BMW will perform in accordance with the contract. You're unhappy about that.

I'm confused, you seem to be unhappy with the contract you signed, not BMW's performance. If that's the case you shouldn't have agreed to the offered terms and should not have signed the contract.

So how should I read your complaints? I can assume that your assumption (for which you didn't offer support) that your car should have been loaded on an earlier ship is correct or I can assume that BMW knows better than you what it takes to get a car from the dropoff point to the dock and onto a ship that has room for it going where it needs to go to get to your dealer. I would guess BMW is likely to know more about what it takes than you do since you likely don't know what you don't know and they know what is involved in getting the car to you.

So in the final analysis you seem to be unhappy with what you agreed to; BMW is doing what they said they'd do.
Appreciate 0