04-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
OSK77
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
The M5 looks amazing, especially front looks menacing. Need to see it in person to fully appreciate the car.

Three things in particular that seem a little off with the example shown above:

1. Side view mirrors

Seems like a weakness for BMW designers (that and cup holders, except the new X3)

2. Rear diffusor
Lacks any emotional connection to the rest of the smooth surfaces of the car design. Looks like an after thought...

3. Brake Calipers (pure aesthetics related comment)
Why do BMW owners (especially M owners!) have to compromise with 'cheap looking' Brake calipers? They perform great, but take one look at AMG calipers and you feel like BMW is cheating owners from providing better looking brake calipers. Not everyone wants to shell out $6000+ for a BBK.

4. I digress from the thread, a little fashion related gripe...ha!

Not sure WHY Dr. Kay Segler (M Gmbh Marketing Director) has such a fascination with this weird looking white M leather 'motorcycle' jacket he seems to wear at almost EVERY public event he attends. He obviously can wear whatever he feels like, but boy does it look bad on him. And a white leather jacket, seriously? Even the colour Black would have reduced the eye sore.

This particular set of pictures, Dr. Kay has out done himself. He's wearing this supposedly 'cool/hip' looking jacket and ooh wait..."let me wear a tie with that" !!???!! Whaaa....

See his Chinese counterparts, they are wearing suits and no ties, looking way better than what Dr. Kay is trying to pull off.

Much respect for Dr. Kay professionally and his passion for the M brand, but someone needs to help him with his wardrobe urgently.

Back to the thread: When is the M5 coming to Canada?

07' E90 335i | COBB STAGE 2+ TUNED | COBB DOWNPIPES | COBB FMIC | COBB CHARGE PIPE | BMS DCI | ACCESSPORT V3 | RB PCV VALVE UPGRADE | MONACO BLUE | DAKOTA BLACK | ZSP | ZPP | NAV | MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORTS ON BEYERN MESH

Last edited by OSK77; 04-18-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0