View Single Post
      07-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Similar current question...New toy- GT3?...Ready, set, go!

It's a blessing to have people all over the world with wisdom, experience and knowledge about many different cars. So I must call on you for guidance and opinion.

That being said I might be contemplating another toy soon. I'm very happy with my M5 (DCT) but I find myself yearning for a different drive sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the M5 is a excellent car for me. I love the perfect mixture of performance and luxury. For me, it suites my needs...But, sometimes I have a desire for something different-insert being married analogy

I miss driving a manual mostly. It really makes me feel more connected and one with my machine. I don't feel I get that from my DCT. Plus, we all know the M5 has no choice but to be heavy. I have the Meisterschaft GTC exhaust, but IMO the M5 turbo engine still lacks the exhilaration you get from a screaming NA engine. So I keep thinking the GT3.

IMO the GT3 is a raw dog sports car. The sound is awesome, the weight, and looks are favorable. From what I understand , it is obviously very different from my M5. The 991 is beautiful, but I think I would prefer to lease it. Does anyone know if that is even possible, or is Porsche Financial going to be ridiculous with their numbers? In that case, I would consider a 997 2010+ pre-owned.

My only experience with Porsche is my brother had a Cayman S. It wasn't that fast, but it had a great connection with the road and handled awesome. There is a similar thread with a guy asking a question sorta like mine. It's seems the chatter is that most weren't too impressed with Porsche and what you are getting for your money (regarding Carrera S).

I'm just trying to gather intel from other's experiences and first hand knowledge. Any feedback is appreciated.
Appreciate 0