03-18-2014, 06:39 AM   #54
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Couldn't have summed it up better myself. Very well said!

Having owned just as many BMWs as Benzes, I don't have a favorite. I've had both great and bad experiences with each company. I like to change it up.

At the moment, I am really pleased with the direction that AMG is going. They're flat-out producing more well-rounded and more exciting cars than ever. The reviews of AMG cars produced since 2012 echo that sentiment.

BMW has answered back with great cars like the F10 M5, M6 Gran Coupe, and perhaps the F80/F82 M3/M4 (we'll see when Chris Harris & co. get their hands on them).

On a side note, when I see people talk down about the M3 or M5, I usually interject to ask them if they have personal experience with the car. When I see people dismiss the LCI W212 E63 or the LCI C63, I do the same.

Outside of Porsche, BMW M is hard to beat when it comes to performance-oriented daily drivers. However, Quattro and AMG have made major strides in recent years. The competition is catching up. It was inevitable. I don't know why some people get so threatened or defensive when these comparison tests pop up. I wish they realized that all that matters is picking the right car for them. One can celebrate his decision without tearing down the alternative (especially if that alternative performs admirably).

I can certainly understand that personal preference (with respect to exterior/interior design) plays a major role in the decision to purchase a car. What I don't understand is people knocking the competition's cars without ever having driven them.
You rarely come across unbiased Mag these days,
And I believe this article was unbiased NOT ure about the mag -
I don't mind criticizing M5 and actually we do it here all the time but I hate it when one mag is used as a "Hired Gun" to smear M5 reputation !!
Appreciate 0