mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I went to 3 dealers and all of them refused to replace the sensor. They all wanted to keep the car for 1-2 days to update the software.

In the end I went to an independent high-end custom shop and they replaced the sensor with an OEM BMW sensor. The cost was $170. This fixed the problem.

Shame on my local BMW dealers for refusing to do a simple warranty repair and trying to do more expensive time wasting things first. I reckon they probably just wanted to keep my car to do some joyriding.

BTW I highly recommend CEC in Miami. Excellent custom shop - very good work they showed me.
Wow. That stinks. I just took mine to the dealer. They checked it out and hooked it up to the computer and found the sensor was bad after only 400 original miles. They had it in stock and replaced it while I waited. Took 2 hours total from the time I walked in without appointment until I drove out with it fixed.

They should have done the work for you in one day. No need for software update if it was just the sensor.

Anyone else that has this problem it most likely is the sensor.
Appreciate 0