View Single Post
      09-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #101
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
That's interesting. The lady from BMW NA (Avery) called me on Friday and mentioned what was going on. She then asked if I knew where my car was and could locate it to get it off the road. I told her I didn't know where it was because it was somewhere on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic. She put me on hold...she then figured out that they did not consider the ED folks and had to look into it some more and that she'd call me back.

I got a call back yesterday and she said we've confirmed everything related to my delivery and that my car would be reaching port on the 1st and as soon as it cleared customs, they were going to call me and schedule my redelivery at the Performance Center in SC. I asked about the repair and she said that they confirmed with BMW that the first set of replacement oil pumps would go to the plant in SC and that they would get my car in immediately to have the fix done and be ready to go. I asked about the other items (like the seats), but since I didn't know first hand what else was missing on my car, she said that I should call my CA once I get scheduled for pickup so they could go over the car again in detail.

It looks like the Toronto is ahead of schedule by a day or so, so depending on customs, I am hoping to get a call on Monday (10/1 or right thereafter) to find the next update.

I'm kind of glad that the fix is taking place in a BMW manufacturing facility rather than a dealer (nothing against the dealers), but since the SC plant has a bunch of M cars of their own, hopefully they are very well experienced in this fix by the time they work on mine.
So the PCD is getting the first set of pumps?
Appreciate 0