View Single Post
      09-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
so much for it being both a track and road car, or those carbon/ceramic brakes that were rumored...lol

so there is a lot of hype with this car, and i'm excited about the F10, as is everyone else. However, i'm waiting to see a real down to earth review, not one that is kissing BMW's butt raving about the car. Something to compare the car to, with real figures, numbers, etc. It may be too early for this, as those reviews will come in time.

I'm sure its a great car, and unique for it's class, but its seems like every review is saying how great it is because all other reviews are saying its great, plus all the hype. lol
I take his statement to mean that the brakes have a strong initial bite from a highly aided system, and if the steel brakes are good for circuits, than no need for the carbon/ceramic brakes that may eventually become an option.

Chris Harris is generally seen as a no BS racer/journalist, so his opinion is seen as honest, and not just repeating hype. He even states that he's not giving his final grade until he compares it to the Jag and Benz and on UK roads.

Looking forward to issue 163!!

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0