02-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #19
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Question - so when you leave the car, do you guys lock it? Or does the car lock once you get past a certain distance from the car?

Also - (since Ive actually done this) My wife and I share a car, I get in the car with key in my pocket with my wife. I drive us to the gym where she drops me off and I leave with the key in my pocket but dont turn off the engine. She proceeds to take the car for errands. Will the car warn her that the key is no longer in proximity to the car? Obviously the car wont restart for her if she stops the engine.
The car won't autolock if you leave it with the car in your pocket.
It will warn you if you leave it running and walk away with they (big warning in your NAV screen and dashboard).
If you turn off the engine without the key close by you have appr 10 seconds to restart it
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0