View Single Post
      08-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #79
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

stock -20" f & r - 34. 19" f 32 & r 34

I was also looking at the bbs & rays & advan ... when I called up bbs usa directly, they cannot confirm at all since they don't even have a M5 for any of their wheel fitment. As for rays & advan, the online reseller such as Vivid Racing tried to track down the answer for me since June and the final answer from the main US distributor came back with "You buy at your own risk, in case the wheel does not clear" and both rays & advan have no intention to try to confirm any of their wheels will clear. Actually, Advan suggested their wheels are not made for the M5, they are more intended for the M3. Given the M5 brakes are slightly bigger than M3, this may represent a border line type of situation.

But you can make a reference to Tirerack M5 wheel fitment, BBS does have the CH-R 20" as confirmed and so are a bunch of HRE as well.

Like my earlier postings have shown, I simply got no straight answer from anyone and forced me to go so-called customed wheel. Forgeline confirmed their wheels are built for bbk fitment, incl. vettes, porshces, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyoM5 View Post
does anyone know the offset you need to clear the front M caliper? I am looking at 2 different sets of wheels BBS RKs and Rays Racing...

Last edited by bobblehead; 08-26-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0