View Single Post
      08-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #16
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOF40 FS M3 View Post
...I said it once as I'll say it a million times, you can make the F10 M5 as loud as you like but the exhaust note will never improve...as Coldlist said very well NA > Turbo in terms of exhaust note...there are different engines with different characteristics, plain and simple...and comparing it to the E92 M3, well it is just not fair at all!

I love the F10 M5 growl and it can be addictive but the exhaust note is not there. The car is insulated so well that unless you riding on the exhaust tips, you will not hear much.
I beg to differ, and I must disagree, respectfully of course sir.

Here is a video of my car. Towards the end is my buddy's E92 M3 with a Full RPi GTM exhaust on it. In case you are not aware, the RPi GTM system for the E90/E92 M3 is a full catless system, that includes no resonators, and only mufflers. It is essentially one of the loudest and most refined aftermarket systems available for the M3. In my own opinion (and many agree with me), the E92 M3 in this video, even with its exhaust system, does not sound as good as my F10 M5 in both tone and in decibel level.

I know you will probably disagree with me just to make a counter-point no matter how many videos I make or present, but just consider for a moment the design of the S63tu's crossbanked exhaust manifolds that feed right into the turbos giving it that flat-crank "ferarri-ish" sound that no standard NA V8 could ever have. And my car absolutely has that ferarri-sh sound, especially when you get it up into 6000 to 7,000rpm range. Just listen to the downshift at 0:39 in this video. No M3 can have a downshifting sound like that. You really have to just come for a ride with me to understand.

Appreciate 0