View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
dean_g
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

Thanks you for the replies. I will most definitely keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netwon View Post
From a business prospective it makes sense assuming you did not recently move to the area. Just my 2 cents.
Dealers make less money on warranty work than walk in customers. So... If you buy a car from dealer X and ask Y to service it and you owned the business what would you do? Give the better loaner/demo (limited supply) to your own customer or the guy who bought elsewhere?
A friend who owned a dealership once told me, " Your buying the relationship he car is free."
I have purchased cars from this dealership in the past, I completely understand they should treat their own customers better, but singling me out and telling them to give me a 328 was a bit harsh. I wouldn't have minded driving out of there in a fiat 500 like another m5 owner on this board, but the fact I was singled out like that for that reasoning is what got to me. Trust me, I am grateful BMW even does this. Not every car company gives you a loaner. And I understand all of that. Now building a relationship COULD also start in the service department. For example going into the show room while waiting for my car or whatever the case may be. But stunts like this will not earn future business of mine.
Appreciate 0