View Single Post
      07-27-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I installed the BMW competition pack bars a while back, and the weight difference from stock can't be much. The smaller diameter of the middle of the front bar is one inch which is a little over 16" wide. The CP bar has that smaller diameter for less distance, 8", while the rest of the bar is the same diameter as stock at 1.15". There was very little difference between the stock rear bar and the CP bar, but BMW knows a lot more than I do about designing suspension, and maybe there's a reason for that....?

Good luck getting relevant info from manufacturers. Dinan gives a % increase, but wouldn't tell me how they rate either the stock bar, or theirs. Just as with a spring, I'd like to have a pounds per inch of deflection number to base a decision on. Can't be that hard to do. And remember, stiffer isn't necessarily better. Too stiff and you lift a tire off the pavement. The Dinan bars must be lighter, but even at 10 pounds front and 5 pounds rear, of sprung weight on a 4,400 pound car, not a big deal.

I have been very pleased with the change to the CP sway bars. Much more planted on turn in, and through the corner.
Did you have dealer install them? and is the steering wheel heavier than stock now?
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0