01-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #69
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
An interesting concept...

I am planning to ED a 2014 later on this year. I am also planning to put the break-in miles and then do Nurburing as well. With decent retainability of the skills taught, seems like the M School would be good prep.

For those who have done both, would you have liked to have done the M school before picking up your ED (when you may not have been as familiar with the model) or after having put some miles on the car?
In 2012 I did ED, M School, the Nürburgring, and PCD for my M6 Coupe, and also attended the Monaco GP and French Open in a 650i. Based upon my experience, I would do M School first which will help familiarize you with the M5 before you drive it in Germany. As for the Nürburgring, I rented a Z4 at the track instead of using my new car. If you can do it, there is nothing cooler, or more fun, in my opinion, than driving to Monaco for the race weekend. Also, you could combine that with a trip to Paris, and driving through the French countryside. Finally, I would suggest including PCD, to get further track time and to refamiliarize yourself with your car since it will be about 8-10 weeks from ED to PCD.
Appreciate 0