View Single Post
      06-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #67
TexMark
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon a new M5!!

Honestly, does anyone even remotely care what auto "magazines" report any more?? I have always wondered about journalistic honesty in magazines when management is afraid of pissing off their advertisers and thus loosing ad money (still very problematic in the high end audio world where certain audio magazines would not be worth lining my cat's litter box)....

I do NOT care what the Caddy does off/on the track. While I like to "buy American" I despise the interiors of any GM product (same for Chrysler/Dodge). Now, before anyone flames me for being ignorant, I have driven and ridden in GM cars off and on for years....my worst memory was riding in a friend's VERY expensive Corvette with a trashy and cheap interior; for goodness sakes...come on, all that plastic was the best GM could do on a $50k plus car??

I know exterior design is VERY subjective, like music, art, food, wine, etc, but Cadillac has been releasing some truly butt ugly cars lately...and poor Chris Bangle got raped in the press for his designs. Das tut mier leid, but I cannot appreciate the hatchet style sharp edges of Cadillac....and since it is I who writes the checks, it is my opinion and should be just fine....ja???

Finally, no one yet has mentioned the current "climate" we live in, with ever increasing environmental demands, political correctness, etc that is pushing BMW AG in probably undesired directions....

In conclusion, I have not driven an F10 M5 and yes, I spent plenty of time in an E60 M5 AND an E39 M5....based on the many reports I have already read about the M5, I am quite certain that when the time comes, I will gladly walk into my CA's office at my favorite BMW dealership (who, by the way, also sells Cadillac on the same "campus") and joyfully plop down the many shekels for a new F10 M5....I do not care about tracking the car and I am sure that the M-DCT will be just peachy for me....to those who love their Caddy's, well, bless you....

Cheers,