12-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Mike View Post
The only possible solution I have come up with is going for full black leather with Sakhir stitching, below is an M3 with something similar
I like this idea, gives continuity between interior and exterior and just a little bit of a flair color without making it too flashy. But of course you still have a primarily black interior, which the OP seems to want to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r View Post
Another option would be Sakhir Orange with Silverstone full leather, anyone?
I got to see Silverstone in person and LOVE it. It's silver but has this ice blue tone to it that makes it really pop rather than being another typical silver interior -- in fact it's similar to the Silverstone paint color, except without the green undertone. If I were buying it though, I'd do more research into how tough it is to maintain, and I've never seen it with Sakhir, though the M6 vert pic suggests it might work well.

I think with a Sakhir exterior I'd still prefer a black interior, but I'd DEFINITELY prefer a silver interior over a Sakhir interior. Orange on orange just seems not only one-note, but one very loud note. Even in the video of this combo above, I think orange inside and out makes them somehow cancel each other's boldness out. You can only have a max of one stand-out color if you actually want it to stand out IMHO.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 12-17-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0