Thread: New block
View Single Post
      01-04-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
M4ever2016
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘16 F82/ ‘14 F10

Recently purchased a 2014 M5 the vehicle was local to Florida and sold at auction to a dealer in North Carolina. I brought the vehicle with me to NJ where the temp was right around 1 degree a couple days ago. I was headed to work around 4am and noticed that the car would not warm up.. shortly after letting the car sit for a few minutes I started to drive hoping it was just since it was so cold it would take a few. I then get a notification to drive moderately engine temp exceeded or something to that effect. Then going down the interstate I noticed that there was a smoke screen behind me. I decided to turn around and get my truck good thing I did. Went to the dealer the next day which was New Years and dropped it off. The dealer calls me 2 days later saying all the coolant is frozen inside the engine. He said typically when they see that it's because a dealer in a milder climate used more water than coolant or they were just being cheap and used water. Either way if you go from mild temps to the extreme cold make sure you check the proper coolant water mixture. Needless to say I now need a new engine.
Appreciate 0