View Single Post
      07-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #134
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
The most disturbing thing about this thread is that only one person has brought up the issue of gun ownership to protect against the government. This was and is the purpose of the second amendment, and should thus be preserved for that reason. Do you all believe that tyranny does not exist in the 21st century? In the course of human history, it was a blink ago that Hitler and Stalin were rounding up and exterminating millions of unarmed people. The people pulling the strings in this world are generally very bad people, and have much to gain from gun control. These shootings make said people very happy. Strangely enough, there is a major gun control treaty coming up in a few weeks. Very convenient timing.

Bottom line is that government has killed exponentially more people in the past one hundred years than any sort of terrorist. The second amendement in the United States does more to promote freedom and deter tyranny around the world than most people have ever even considered. Once the 2nd amendement falls, what dpes anybody have left to defend themselves with?

Yep, most people failed to understand this, the 2nd amendment was not about you preserving your rights to protect your property from you neighbor but to protect your property from the government.

As long as the people can own guns it allow the people a fighting chance against a government who wishes to take your right away. What the stupified sheep public fails to see is the government slowing limiting your rights one law at a time.

By the way, maybe if one person in the Denver Theater was carrying less people would have been killed or injured.

Like this guy

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=428_1342491285

I guaranty the shooter was a pussy and if someone started shooting at him he would have ran like a scared kid. As someone already said it is very easy to stand there and shot when nothing is returning. If you do not believe me, go play pain ball, I never see people just stand there and take round after round most run and hide when paint comes fly back. It call self preservation and it is a involuntary action that the mind going through to protect you.

Last edited by Maestro; 07-23-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0