View Single Post
      07-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #136
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
If you're argument would include so many lols, dudes, and 'owned' I don't think you'd even need to bother 'jumping in'.

Our constitution was written over 200 years ago, by mortal men.
Lol lighten up dude before you get owned. This is a BMW forum, not congress. Good post, good post... LOL

Your posts have been well thought out. Don't be so condescending just because I didn't put together the time to write a post at the level of you guys. I've had this conversation millions of times, pardon me for not really getting into it for leisure.

Your last sentence though... Again exuding arrogance. So you live 200 years later than the men that wrote the constitution, are you saying you have better judgement on what is best for people currently? How about in 50 years. Will your opinions be outdated? With the risk of getting slightly philosophical, people do NOT change. What surrounds them does. The constitution is aimed directly at what we do and require at the core of ourselves, not what we need in the world surrounding us. Someone earlier made an extremely interesting point branched of the real meaning of the second amendment: arming ourselves against the government. While slightly cynical, he said that our elected representatives are actually pleased about shootings like this, giving them firepower to support their campaigns and ultimately give them more power. I believe the modern interpretation of the 2nd amendment is that we shouldn't be reliant on others to help us, but rather self sufficient. YOU may choose not to be, but the other person may they want to. I understand the huge variable that unknown people carrying weapons brings in, but understand that your feelings have an exact opposite as well. The people that do want to have it in their own hands think- why would I not take action for my own life, others shouldn't tell me how to protect myself- and I believe that is just as morally right as you not wanting someone else taking action, especially since it is backed by the constitution. So there you go, no dudes-LOL's-or owned('s?) in that paragraph for you to whine about .
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Last edited by Sauce; 07-23-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0