08-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #83
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Aus, I took the time to read all those threads, I had seen those threads before you posted them. I've also seen examples of threads that same applies to HRE which are considered cream of the crop. Any wheel can be bent including factory forged wheels, believe me I've done it before. A reputable wheel dealer will help you deal with the aftermath. In terms of valueing whos in my car, I've got two kids so obviously this is important to me. I've tried to look into this as much as possible, and theres no true way to know that any product will stand up to muster, but in my mind I was convinced when the dealer who I bought the wheels from (owner of wheels boutique, worlds largest HRE dealer) said he's got ADVs on his X5M that carries his children. If the wheels were suspect then I don't think worlds largest HRE dealer would put ADV1s on his car. In terms of the weight savings, I asked them about this issue, they aren't performing race prep on my wheels though it is possible to do. Having said all that, what wheel would you recommend?! The only wheel fully TUV certified to my knowledge is HRE/BBS.
You're right about the SuperSports. I forgot about the staggard warranty.

As long as you're informed. It's they BS and lying to the customer and forum that really pisses me off. Then saying they drilled extra holes to save weight, then saying it was an accident??? The wheel was vibrating, and is not safe!!!

HRE is well respected, but was considered a Bling wheel in the past. They have now had their factory TUV certified, so I have much more confidence in them now.

True, top tier wheels include (but no limited to): BBS, VOLK/Rays, ADVAN.
If enough of you guys get together, you maybe able to get RAC (Ralph and Chuck) to make a spec wheel for your cars. They're awsome. They're made in the VOLK/Champion factory, but designed by two BMW/car guys. They are JWL/VIA certified and 8,000 TON forged. They're tested until failure.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-27-2012 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0