RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoorebmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Since the average bimmerpost member and M5/M6 owner only leases their car, it won't be a problem for anyone before the lease is up. But for long term owners, I am telling you this is a problem. No BMW tech would ever do a re-build on a transmission, instead if you are lucky enough to get the Service Adviser to defend a claim that your DCT is going bad, the tech will only replace the entire transmission, they are not going to take the time to open it up and inspect the clutches and perform an analysis on the oil. Hence, the reason why techs at dealerships say "oh that's normal," but they have no clue.

Let me put it more plainly, my DCT would also flutter when I put it into reverse and engaged the accelerator. When I first bought the M5 brand new, the DCT did not do this, and then when I re-built the transmission, the DCT did not do this anymore. I don't know how much more clear I can be on this topic.
can you relay this to your SA for me
Haha! I would bro, but it makes no difference.

Most of the time, it's out of the SA's hands if the part in question is not actually broken at the time you bring it to them.

I even remember one time a friend of mine brought his E60 M5 in to the dealer with proof that his rod bearings were going bad. The dealer refused to do anything until the engine actually failed. It's a sad world we live in.

Appreciate 0