08-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #80
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Hey guys, I've just decided to go with ADV for a set of wheels, worked with Wheels Boutique on this project and they are top notch to work with.

The car depicted is a 5 series, I've also ordered an alpine white M5. The offsets a bit a different on the 5 series and M5, so my lip will be significantly deeper on the rear and the wheel will look more concave than depicted here. I went with the ADV10 deep concave set, 21x9 on Michelin PSS 255/30/21 on front and 21x11 295/25/21 on the rear. The face will be a satin brushed gunmetallic with chrome lip. Will hopefully be done in 4-5 weeks!!! Can't wait!!
Quote:
Are the KW's EDC compliant? Meaning you won't lose function of the EDC?
There will be no coilovers that will function with the EDC. It's a BMW proprietary tech that involves two way communication between the shock and the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-deL88 View Post
You guys might want to do a little bit of research on the M3Post side before spending almost $10k on wheels/tires for your $100k M5's and dealing with headaches down the line... Just read up on all of this smh

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664569

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608
Quote:
Guys, there are examples of even HREs cracking out on the internet, does that mean we should ban them and never buy them again? Of course not, all wheels are potentially prone to failure. I had a recent set of Apex wheels on a BMW 328 that I do DE's with, and when I put new tires on the rims we noticed that both front wheels were slightly bent. I was assured these wheels were extremely durable when I purchased them. Any wheel can crack if put under the right circumstances. Most folks with ADVs I've seen have been happy with their purchase. Plus, I didn't spend 10 grand like folks are assuming.
Bending a wheel can happen with crappy driving or roads. Did you even read the threads? I know they're long, but you should take the time. I know you're trying to justify your purchase, but they're worth the read; especially if you value who's in your car. Also remember, these failures where on vehicles that were not tracked.
They BLATANTLY LIE about being TUV certified. They BLATANTLY LIE about drilling extra holes for "weight savings." Their' "track series" wheels weigh around 30 lbs. There have been MANY complaints about crappy finish.

Here's another one: http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...-question.html

Quote:
Where'd you get that quote from? I just got a quote on the same wheels (ADV10 deep concave) for $6300 no tires, or $8000 with nittos.....add another 2 if you want Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Pirellis.....both of which are superb tires but if they're gonna only last 10-15k miles, not worth it in my opinion.
Nitto tires? Unless you're talking NT05's, which would be terrible for the road, look elsewhere. Super Sports are warrantied for 30,000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Wont 21's slow down the car since you have a larger rolling diameter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzade46m3 View Post
No the diameter shouldn't change, but the rolling resistance might because of weight of new wheel/tire combo. Since the factory tire is 265/40/19 F, if you do a 20" the tire aspect ratio drops by 5% to compensate for the overall diameter. So a 20" would be 255/35/20 and 21" would be 255/30/21. All keeping the OD very close to OE size. I used to be in the wheel/tire industry long ago...
Anchors, as in 30 lbs wheels, is what will slow you down. You increase unsprung weight, and you put more stress on the suspension to control the wheel/tires and make it harder to turn the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
^^ those are the cream of the crop for wheels. Forgeline GA3R mono blocks......can't get any better than that in terms of quality and strength. Price isn't bad either and it makes you wonder how can those other companies ask for twice the amount for their bling bling wheels

Alan
Are these wheels TUV, or JWL/VIA certified?
I'm not hating on them. Just want to know.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-27-2012 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0