View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Wtf on our way to the ring. Am stuck in Wurtzburg waiting for the dealer to open tomorrow. Had to get fladbedded from the fwy. Driving an audi on my ED experience.
Any suggestions.......

Oh yes and driving totally within break-in guidelines

Update 9/3: Left cylinder bank problem so far. Still in Wurtzburg waiting to hear exactly what is going on. BMW is definitely on top of it. I got a call from Munich telling me what was wrong while I was still in the dealer.

Update 9/4: Still no new info. Still doing diagnostics. I think my engine is gone. It shouldn't take this long to "diagnose"? BMW is being very nice trying to help make the best of the situation. They gave me a frozen black M5 for the duration of my trip but I leave in the am. Bummer could of had a broken in M5 for 2 weeks.

Update 9/6: Need a new engine! Getting a new car. No details yet just waiting. Head if BMW ED is on vacation and it was a short week. I'm expecting BMW will make it right. There are several ways that could be accomplished.

Update 9/12: Things are starting to look up.....I got a new production # expecting mid Nov delivery in Ca.

Stay tuned. Long day trip back to the west coast without a status of my car.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0