Thread: Opti Guard
View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Are you guys talking about Opticoat 2.0? Is that the same as Opti-Guard?

I bought and applied Opticoat 2.0 to my entire F10 M5. I even did all of the windows, my wheels, my side view mirrors, inside the door jams, and even my interior Piano Black Trim. I have tested it already as well and the shit works. I am even going to apply it on top of my clear-bra when I get my clear-bra installed. I have sprayed water on it, it beads off. I have gotten the M5 dirty and the dirt still sticks to the panels but it comes off much easier. On the wheels the brake dust from the F10 M5's brake pads gets insane, and the brake dust does come off easier, although a little elbow grease is still required to get it all off. I have taken credit cards and the blunt ends of keychains and tried to scratch the paint in inconsipicous areas and the paint will not scratch. It's amazing! The other night I ran through a big puddle and about after 15 minutes of driving the entire M5 was completely dry.

I want to make some videos of the qualities of the Opticoat 2.0 product, it's really unbelievable. And now I laugh when ever I take the M5 to a detailer and they ask if I want a wax or paint sealant. I laugh in the their face and say, no thanks, just a basic wash dude. Lol!

By the way I applied the product myself. It took about 6 hours total to do everything that I mentioned. The product only costs like $65 bucks online and then it needs about 12 to 24 hours to cure. I think it's a waste of money to have a detailer do it. Unless you seriously don't have the time.

Appreciate 0