11-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #42
mimustang
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5, 2023 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimustang View Post
+1 for me on the inconsistent start. If I roll into the throttle very gently I can get it to go smoothly and not give my wife and kids whiplash. When I do this, however, it takes an awkward amount of time to get going. If I use what I could consider to be a "normal" start in any other car, it definitely takes a dramatic leap forward. Clutch engagement is almost like an on/off switch.

Once underway, shifting is fine. I will get the occasional time when approaching stop where it feels as though I've thrown out an anchor - but that's less frequent.

I have an appointment next week for new tires, I'll ask the service manager about the issue. I've just been putting up with it thinking it was the nature of the car. Sounds like that may not be the case...
Problem solved!

Picked up the car from the dealer tonight and the problem has been corrected. Car now operates as I think it should. Dealer went through and reset all of the adaptations. Text from the service tech is as follows:

"No faults stored. Completed trans adaptations reset for clutch, shifting and valves. Noted M1 and M2 drive logic buttons were set to start at 2nd gear. Removed setting. "

Not sure where/how/when the 2nd gear start setting were established, but pretty sure the adaptation reset corrected a bad behavior that the car learned. It now starts off from a start like the 535xi loaner that I had today while they worked on my car.
Appreciate 0