View Single Post
      03-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #30
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I'm sure that the standard and option lists will be different for the US, but two quick observations:

"Please note that BMW USA announced availability of the M5 Sedan in the U.S. market as a MY2013 as of July 2012 production. BMW Canada’s M5 production will follow the same model year schedule. Also note that there is a material change expected to the M5’s vehicle electronics as of July 2012 production. The change will not impact the output or performance of the M5. Additional details of the change will be available in the later part of Q2 2012. With the model year and vehicle electronic changes expected as of July 2012 production, please ensure your customers consider this information before placing an order between 03/12-06/12 production."

That electronics change is likely one of the reasons for the delayed US introduction.

I also thought it interesting that the presumably higher-cost "individual" leather does not include as much leather as the "full" leather. Look closely and you'll see that the individual colors do not include individual upper dash or upper door sections.
Does anyone have any idea of what electronic changes might these be? Maybe the B&O sound system???
Appreciate 0