03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #39
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Can you comment on what the dealer said on the upkeep of your ceramic brakes? I assume its on the 911? What about winter? what about tire swaps? What about the potential fagility of the disc?

These are the things that concern me. I would do dermic over the B&O sound but I'd prefer both.

Anyone hear the M5 sound system yet? is it really that bad? My M3 kicks ass. Cant see why the M5 would be worse, its 4 years newer.

Thx
The fragility of the disc has not been a problem for me however I read something from when Porsche first brought them out for production cars there were some problems but this was quite a number of years ago.

The tire swaps and winter driving I can't comment the car has never been driven in winter it is stored from mid November until April.

I have driven it in colder temperatures -1 C or so and have not noticed any difference in brake performance

I have done track days with it and have noticed excessive brake dust on calipers and rims more so than watching cars with standard brakes so possibly the pads wear faster or wear differently that I don't know.
Appreciate 0