View Single Post
      03-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #15
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Sort of on the fence with this. I know my car has the capability and it doesn't really bother me. In fact, if the car can be proactive and save me time it's all the better. I'd rather get to the dealer and have them know exactly what's wrong than sit and wait for the service writer to translate my words into notes that never get read anyways and always come back as "cannot duplicate customer concern."

If you're not doing anything you shouldn't be doing to your car, what's the big deal? If you're trying to hide that you're a lousy driver (sadly most M car owners I know are, fwiw) and are hooning the shit out of your car and want BMW to service it under warranty, than shame on you.

If you're occasionally free spirited and operate the vehicle within the parameters BMW intended, great! Don't worry about it and consider it a feature to help preserve your experience.