View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #16
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
I looked into to buying this MY, and ultimately decided to wait for the LCI...

My main reasons:

2nd year of a production run... given fuel pump scare, want every opportunity for any other "kinks" to be worked out.
Adjustable side bolsters -- if my new 3 has them, the 2014 M5 better have them -- it would be even nicer if they were dynamically adjusting like in the Mercs... but we will see.
New LED headlights... from what spy photos show-- and what is already on the 3/6/7 -- the squared off lights look meaner.
new LED taillights
Side mirrors with turn indicators - again, have this in the 335 I bought last week, and like it.
New steering wheel
Ceramic controls? hope this will be allowed at least as an option.
Hoping for new trim... possibly like the CF that currently can only be purchased aftermarket
iDrive upgrade? debatable when they will debut the new touch top iDrive controller.
There also appears to be a nice, subtle bend from the headlights to the kidneys (you can see it in 6 GC, and appears to be in the spy photos).

All of these are speculative.. some firmer than others, but are why i I will wait.

I plan to try to get a july production date for ED in September i guess?
The only things that really interest me are the Side Bolsters and the Tail Lights. I could care less for the headlights. I love the Circular Angel Eyes. Does anyone have any pictures of the differences between the 7-Series Pre-LCI and the LCI Tail Lights. Maybe we can get an idea from those for the F10.

Appreciate 0