09-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #20
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
Every time I see this M guy it turns into another marketing BS fest. Give the mic to Harris not these corporate marketing drones.
Came in here to say this.

I couldn't care less about what that M marketing guy has to say unless it is something negative about the car. In fact, I don't even want to hear what that main idiot at the desk has to say, give the entire show to Harris.

The guy at the desk and that short little ex-racer older guy co-founded Drive. The desk guy is a terrible host time and time again. He keeps trying, but he doesn't get it; he sucks.

The M5/6 are seriously too fat of cars. If the F80 M3 isn't 3500lbs or lighter, it will still be a fat tub. My E92 is a blast to drive, but the weight is obviously there, and I doubt that's any different in the M5/6. More weight = worse braking. More weight = slower in turns. More weight = slower acceleration. BMW needs to give a more raw sports car to consumers that want it. Be that in a whole new M-only model, or stripping the M3 into more of a track car with some added package (include CCBs). It is being demanded by many M enthusiasts. The M3 is creeping up in price to the Nissan GT-R territory, and it's already well within the Z06 Vette territory. M division was less about luxury and more about going to the track, so don't give me that nonsense. If you want a luxury car that goes fast, tune a 335i/550i. If you want a track car, it should be M division.
Appreciate 0