09-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #22
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
A bit raw by approach, and he has two things very wrong...

1) The reason there is sand under the hood is, he is driving the car like it's a truck and like a complete jackass, and simply shows it no respect.

2) The M5's engine truly is special.

He clearly has never really driven the car for what it truly is.

1) He claims he drove it 2500km on normal roads. How exactly do you drive a car like a truck?

2) It's not a special engine by any stretch. A TT 4.4L V8 making 560HP and revs to a bit over 7k? Pft. Boring. Ferrari takes a 4.58L engine, NA, and produces more HP and revs to 9k RPM. Now THAT'S an engine. GT-R does 3.8L TT V6 and makes basically the same HP too now for 2012. Porsche Does 622HP from a TT 3.8L Boxer 6. I'm not saying BMW needs to drop some F1 engine in, but I'm saying that you're highly misguided if you think it's special. You seem to be more interested in defending BMW as a brand than asking the hard questions.

Heck, the NA 4.0L V8 making 414HP in my M3 is only impressive because of the redline. Power is cheap. BMW needs to compete with the M division better than what they're offering. I can understand the M5/6 market (mid-life crisis people that want a fancy, speedy touring car). However, The M3 people want more, raw, track-ready performance.
Appreciate 0