View Single Post
      05-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #13
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
I was trying to get one to do a 40 roll with me today and post it... He won't come out... I haven't seen any good stock dynos from that car and I'm guessing you lost due to throttle modulation, which our cars should get off the line faster than that thing..

I think MDM is pretty easy to correct for most people in a straight line... Now DSC OFF completely then its a crapshoot haha

If he had full traction on and put it in D mode and mashed lol and the ZL1 driver knew his car even a tad bit.. I can see him losing.

OP DO NOT JUST GO STRAIGHT TO TRACTION OFF... I learned traction off on my M3 and even that was a handful lol I couldn't imagine trying to learn it on the fly on this car. If you're getting scared work with MDM in safe ares where you can't mess up too bad [or get tickets], or head to performance school.
You are right MDM is pretty easy to correct in a straight line if the asphalt is hard. On soft asphalt still there is skidding like 3-4 feet which is enough to hit the car next to you. As far as DSC off you referred, M5 is completely different compare to M3 E9X since it has much more power and torque so it needs more experience. For sure you have it but not many people have this experience. It needs time to get used to it
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0