12-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #47
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Only if there is someone to signal to. If you are driving on a desserted road and are the only car, is it unsafe? If there is another car and it is 0.5 miles behind travelling 30mph slower than you, then is it unsafe?

People act as if the answer to this question is black and white. It is no more black and white than breaking the speed limit.

I speed, but I don't speed in school zones or residential areas, or any other location where doing so would be dangerous. I also use my indicators where doing so provides warning of my intention to someone who may otherwise need to take evasive action or risk collision. But I don't need to use my indicators 100% of the time, any more than I need to obey the speed limit 100% of the time.
Oh,I'm sorry you must move your hand 1.5 feet to reach the stalk. Life is so hard isn't it? Seriously just do it, because I would be pissed if you merged into me because you thought you were alone on the highway and were to lazy to use the indicator stalk.

I am not saying you should be burned at the stake if you forget once in a while. I am just saying that it is a safe habit, and one that doesn't require any effort.
Appreciate 0