01-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #42
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNA_MGuy View Post
The technical debate between M-DCT and 6MT was concluded long ago (M-DCT is technically superior with Launch Control, perfect shifts, and the chance to left-foot brake when needed), but that's irrelevant because technical advantage is not the point of offering the 6MT.

6MT offers an "M Pure," fully-involved driving experience, especially for drivers legally held below 80mph as in North America, except when visiting a race track. Furthermore, driving an M5 (all M cars, in fact) was traditionally a manual transmission experience and many North American customers savor the chance to maintain the skills they developed to drive M cars. We proudly serve those customers with the 6MT option on this car. Driving a manual transmission is seen by many BMW owners as a way to reduce distraction and improve focus while driving.

Having driven a few thousand miles in the M5 with both M-DCT and 6MT configurations, I've been telling people that the M5 feels "...like a 150% scale 1 Series M Coupe, but with sharper response, more feedback, and even better stability." To complete the experiential connection to the 1M, a driver would obviously need the 6MT. That is also the "full M5 experience."
I'm agree! I'm not interested in a non-traditional 6MT M-car.
Appreciate 0