View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Drove both V-coupe and Sedan on MSR-Race track in Houston. The pics I think are in my profile photos. Just amazing performance machines but the interior built quality and automatic tranny are not on par with rest of the car. Also, thought the car would sound more aggressive like the Vette but seems like for luxury purposes the sound insulation was more of a priority over racy aggressive exhaust note.

Last but not least you did not factor in how much of a gas guzzler 556hp monster is.....the gas bill will make it more then just $80 per month. But then again they say "you gotta pay to play". In all honesty this car is more in M3/M5 league rather then 335i minus the crappy interior and crappy auto. If you will go for it take the 6-speed & you will enjoy it more then the flawed auto and crappy paddle shifters. But a nice set of exhaust and you are ready to run with M cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Well, I was preparing to order a 2013 F30 335i (M-Sport Line) after cancelling my order for a 2012 F30 335i (Sport Line).

Cadillac is offering some pretty aggressive incentives on the 2012 CTS-V sedans right now. The dealer is basically offering $12,500+ off MSRP.

I went to my local Cadillac dealership today to test drive the CTS-V and was absolutely blown away by its performance. The car simply reels in the horizon effortlessly. I never really exceeded 80% throttle input because of traffic conditions but that 80% delivered. A quick jab of the throttle will break loose the tires with ease, even while rolling at 80 mph. This definitely brought a wide grin to my face.

I knew the car was going to be fast going into the test drive. However, both the steering and suspension on the car FAR exceeded my expectations. Steering response was very direct/communicative at higher speeds/during aggressive turns and was very pleasant under cruising conditions.

The suspension was not nearly as harsh as the C63 AMG's suspension during normal driving on central Indiana's cracked and pothole-riddled roads. That being said, the suspension still felt extremely composed and solid when plowing through roundabouts carrying some speed. The car simply did not feel like it weighed 4,300+ pounds.

Now I have to decide - is the $80 extra per month + snow tires worth it to park the 556 HP supercharged monster in the garage?

The only other negative besides the payment is that the interior is ghastly.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 05-16-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0