06-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Engineers don't write marketing literature. Geez, what business are you in?

I personally could care less what you do with your car. I might track mine but probably won't the more I think about it. I have plenty of opportunity to put the pedal to the metal on the back roads of Texas.

I think the car is great but if I wanted a track car, this wouldn't be the one I bought for that purpose.

So, first you say: Ask BMW if the car can be used/is designed for track use

I reply with: OFFICIAL BMW press releases, saying that in fact it is!

Then you suddenly figure out that since it's written by the PR department, and not the Engineers, it's worthless...

I wonder what business you are in Where I come from, even marketing people have a legal responsibilty not to misrepresent the product...

BTW, I'm a vehicle engineer.

Your original statement was that the car and engine wasn't designed for track use. BMW official press releases say otherwise. That still isn't good enough because it wasn't written by the right people and apparently is all made up by some marketing gurus

Whatever

That you would have chosen a different car for track days is a completely different subject and has no relevance to the question at hand (ie is the M5 designed to also be used on the track).

Regardless of whether one believes what BMW says about the M5, the MHR car in the video is a pretty awesome beast

Last edited by Boss330; 06-03-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0