06-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #19
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I didn't say that and apparently after this long thread you can't read what I originally wrote. Yet you keep repeating what you claim I said when it's not what I said.

There is no debate here, you are simply making a fool of yourself by proving you wanted to nitpick my original statement. You either don't want to read it or you are not bright enough to understand the import of the original statement. You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word prolonged. You also don't seem to understand the difference between racing and a couple of times around the track. I made my original statement abundantly clear.
Not sure who is the fool The one who doesn't want to take aboard what BMW themselves say about the M5 and what BMW themselves promote and use the M5 for. Or the one who just says what BMW themselves say and do. Track use!

I have pointed out above that racing and a track use is two different things. And that what we are talking about is track use (like a track day), even though the 'Ring Taxi is used hour after hour, week after week on the Nürburgring.

Please read my posts

So, where am I repeating something you didn't say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Of course this is also why you will wear out your car quickly by tracking it. Same thing happens in the engine. All of the moving components are affected similarly and the energy is mostly dissipated as heat. This is also why you shouldn't really race a stock car. It's not built or designed to handle the kinds of prolonged heat that the constant changing from high to low speed on a track will produce.
The thread is about a M5 in the M5 forum. You state a stock car isn't built or designed to cope with track use. Are you know saying that this isn't correct anymore, and that when you said tracking in your original post you really meant tracking for a prolonged period of time, also known as racing?

And excuse me if I didn't understand properly. English is my second language.

Last edited by Boss330; 06-03-2013 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0