01-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM5 View Post
I swapped my March 2012 one with 7000 miles two months ago against a new SL500. Paid £85k new for the M5 and best I could get was £55k. Merc dealer passed it over to BMW who marketed it for £60k. I also offered it back to Park Lane as a straight buy back and they offered the same £55k. I cant see many people buying one of these cars privately and I wouldn't fancy the risk of selling it that way either. So brace yourself for a big hit and just make sure you go on a few great drives before you hand it over! Good luck and congrats on the job!
Thanks so much for the input - I am hoping that with the lower KM and being fully loaded it will go for about $15k off MSRP.. which is about 85% off of the retail price. In Canada the market is small and these cars tend to ok with maintaining their value. Cheers mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
A one year old car typically goes for 80% of MSRP. You should be able to do a little better than that since your car is not one year old. You should be able to get 5k less than the lowest dealer price on a new one. I would guess 86% of MSRP.

I have some experience selling one year old cars since I'm a serial addict of the new car smell.

However I just noticed you're in Canada but my comments relate to the US.

Also note another poster commented on used M5 prices but yours is 2013 not 2012 so there should be a spread versus other used cars which are 2012.
I was thinking about 85% as well - will see. Crappy situation to be in but it is what it is. Canada is a little different, tonight going to prepare the pictures and get the posting ready

Thanks so much for the help.