View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #183
Sales@Evolve
Rep
Drives: Slow

Forgot to say - this is a great thread Nate!

I have been looking through the videos and noticed that most of these exhausts sound like straight pipes with varying pipe diameters from my own testing.
Can you please tell us more as I am sure you have had a good look!

Certainly in the past the majority of very loud exhausts are nothing more than some straight pipes in an empty and unnecessary heavy casing.

The Akrapovic definately sounds like a silenced exhaust but with one hell of a tone and some character. Maybe not loud enough for everyone but it would be louder with CATLESS downpipes.
The quality and attention to detail is simply incredible.

Some of the welding and general construction of some exhausts seems a little poor quality for the prices being demanded and some of the casings are using some very very cheap and sub standard construction methods.

As always, Eisenmann deliver excellent quality tail pipes.

The Supersprint, from the stainless steel line up looks like a proper high end racing type developed exhaust. Having seen many exhausts and visited many factories Supersprint often lead the way in R&D and quality. Sound levels and tail pipe choice not often the best by todays standard but the latest exhaust from them for the F10 is really nice. Quite a few of the big tuners are using them for production but with their own drawings and designs. We will be one of those with our own design (not straight pipes!).

It does look like we will have a massive amount of exhausts for the F10 just like with the E92 M3 but only a few will really shine through as being the best (Eisenmann, Akra, Supersprint.....) quality.

I can see alot of people opting for the cheap route on these cars with just straight pipes. A big market for high quality tail pipes then! You can see why also as the stock BMW rear silencer doesn't exactly have much inside to start with. Half the internal pipe length is straight pipe to start with albeit quite small diameter (big enough to allow near max flow).

Look forward to seeing more info but my bet is that Akrapovic and the up coming Supersprint will be one of the best sellers.
Appreciate 0