View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #13
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos@MORR View Post
Everybody knows the M5 is underrated by BMW. Our F10 M5 Dyno'ed 551whp with approx. 600 miles on it, on 5th gear, back to back. This was on a dynojet where stock M3s dyno 330whp-340whp, so pretty consistent dyno. We have seen multiple dyno's for the F10 M5 between 520-550whp. A 86hp increase from a tune is what's most interesting here. That's a very good delta regardless what the actual pre-tune/post-tune numbers are.
Nope Carlos. Your Dyno data as well as the data from most of those posted is grossly unreliable. Unless you follow the EXACT parameters and measure precisely against the correct tables your data is not accurate on the F10 ESPECIALLY on a roller Dyno. DME will throw it completely out of whack. No correlation to the M3 whatsoever. Do you remember how Porsche did this several years ago as a big "f u" to tuners? I am also telling you guys that it is not wise for you to post any Dyno data on here, accurate or not. Completely exposing yourself to warranty issues. Consideration being done as we speak as to whether Dyno will void warranty in the US. Curious also on your Dyno in 5th gear. Were you running a Euro car with the 190 mph limiter? Can't get that on a US VIN yet.

As for the UK tuning shop and results, it is highly likely if they are using the OBD tune (which it appears they are) that they have the software I am talking about. I could easily verify this and am certain it must be the same tune. There IS only ONE that can be loaded to this car. A few outlets by the same distributor in Europe and one tuner in US who has the software.

I am giving you guys DEFINITIVE FACT. Choose to "believe" what you like. I am absolutely correct.

Last edited by ColdList; 02-20-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0