View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post
I recently got an incredible deal on just the car I was looking for - Silverstone w/Black Merino, Executive Package, Drivers Assist and 20" wheels. It was the last day of June and the dealer took my under invoice offer much to my surprise. Thanks to this forum I knew enough about the car and the price to jump on it. I have only put about 100 miles on the car so far and I am respecting the break-in protocol so I haven't pushed it at all yet. It's a wonderful machine, smooth and luxurious, love the HUD and all the other bells and whistles that my M3 doesn't
have (the ride is SO much nicer, I guess I'm getting old). That's the main reason I bought the M5, an upgrade all-around. A lot of people complain about the size of the M5 but it doesn't seem all that big to me - just a little longer tham my daughter's 2003 Honda Accord - no big deal. Even though I feel that the M5 is better than my M3 in many ways, I still feel like the E92 M3 is one of the best cars ever made and I am afraid that I will miss it (I haven't sold my 2008 yet, it only has 28,000 miles on it and is as tight as a drum). That great 4.0 V8 combined with DCT is almost telepathic in its response to your right foot. I have never understood the lack of torque complaint. Yes, you need to rev it to get to the power band but that's just a blink of an eye downshift away. Will I miss that? I haven't felt the monster torque of the M5 yet so I hope that will be as satisfying as the m3's responsiveness. Have any of you gone from an M3 to an M5? I would love to hear what you think. I am really having a hard time parting with baby brother (keeping 2 M cars would not go over too well in my household so I have to lose one or the other). Am I crazy to think about keeping the M3 over the M5? The M5 will make me (mostly) forget the M3, right?
If you can keep both. Both cars are legends in their own right. If the choice has to be made to keep one or the other. You really can't go wrong with either as well. Just depends on what you truly want. You have to find the answer within yourself. But yeah, I'd wait until you are at least done with the Break-In period on the M5 before you make any kind of irrational decision. The F10 M5 will knock your socks off for sure!

Appreciate 0