07-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv6425 View Post
Hey Fellas, I have been watching the forums like a hawk and trying to figure out when my car will be here, but I would like some additional brainpower behind this if you don't mind.

Timeline:
7/17 - Vehicle went into production
7/25 - Projected completion date (based on automated system)

Hypothesis
Based on a few of the other folks that are en route or already docked, I am anticipating the car being at the port waiting for a vessel by 7/27 (2 days to be moved from the factory to the port), is this reasonable?

Looking at the vessel schedule, I would be slated for the Fidelio which will depart on 8/1 or on the Courage which will depart on 8/8, any feedback here?

The voyages are stated to be 17-19 days in duration, but it looks like bmill, Alan I., Lizard and a few others are on faster moving vessels and arriving in ~13 days, am I reading this right? (I'm guessing my car will be going to Brunswick, GA)

That would put the car here 8/20 or 8/25 and I'm guessing the EPA certifications will be done by then given I'm in the "second wave" of F10 M5s to hit the US. How long does it take to hit the VPC from the Brunswick port? How long can I expect the car to sit at the VPC and then how long to my dealer in KY? Is it fair to assume 7-10 days from the time the boat docks to the time it hits my dealer?

I recognize there are a number of questions and what-if's, but your help would be greatly appreciated - I'm starting to obsess over this (if you can't already tell)!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
In the same group as you. I'm thinking pick the car up at the dealer in Houston early to mid Septmember.
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0