View Single Post
      09-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #22
M5 Orthodox
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dude (I said dude a lot, I'm from SoCal), I love your description!

Thank you for offering your perspective. It makes a lot of sense to me. Didn't really realize the difference between the Black Sapphire Metallic and the Gloss Black. What do you think about Matte Black for either the Side Grill or the Front Grill or both? Do you think Matte Black would be too non conforming for BSM?

I really value your opinion. Oh and awesome story about that lady! Love to hear that stuff! LOL!
Dude, I get it. I'm from SoCal too. Went to med school at UCSD. La Jolla is gorgeous.

If you get the grills from IND (which I would highly recommend you do), they have a nice protocol for combining gloss black on the surrounding part of the side grills with matte black on the mesh (this is the standard technique if you order gloss black). Similarly, they do gloss black on the surround of the front grills as well as the front surface of the vertical bars, with matte black on the interstices. I think if you did matte black on the entire grill, it would look too dull juxtaposed with the Black Sapphire Metallic.
Appreciate 0