05-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #47
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyamg View Post
This is my first post, I'm really excited to be joining this group of future F10 M5 owners......I just got back from my dealer, I'm on Long Island. My order is in, and I have the first slot.

My specs: MCB,
Shakir Full Leather
Executive Pack
20" M light alloys
Ban & Olufsen
Piano Black Trim

I might also be doing the pick up at the Performance Center in S. Carolina, I'm not sure yet. I have A few questions, maybe somebody can help me out? My dealer had no idea about frozen colors for the M5, did anybody else get any answers about frozen colors? also I've seen two types of seats in all the pics,
one which is smooth leather and the others have a nice design on them (almost like a lined leather????) and info on these???

TIA ......cant wait for delivery!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Performance Center Delivery by all accounts is an amazing experience (I haven't done it, but if it's anything like track days I go to, it should be a blast), so if you can swing the time to pick it up down there and drive it back, I'd go for it. Just make sure to shift between gears on the highway during your drive back because doing your break-in miles at a constant RPM is no bueno.

As for frozen colors, they don't seem to be part of the standard offerings for US builds, at least not yet. I'm sure you could go the Individual route to get them, but that adds $5K just for a special exterior color.

As for the seats, the only two seat differences I've seen have been Extended leather which have plastic backs and Full leather which are leather everywhere. If that's not what you're referring to, maybe post pics of what's on your mind? I guess different countries might have differently spec'd leather, but I doubt it.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0